[Az-Geocaching] Re: Hostility's??

ShadowAce listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 21:24:55 -0700

... I lurk!...  I leap... I even drive over 100 miles to pickup other
people's trash..

 Yeah Brian is talkin bad about me and my peep's again. We gonna come up
there and .. um wait, that was good things.. Nevermind..

 Brian says we are good people down here and we believe him. One must also
consider the temp involved. When it is 100+ degrees and you just spent 6
hours in the rocks trying to find a micro container that could be filled
with a decent spit, you might not be in a great mood. Add to this someone or
someones (this is in general, not recent situations) who have done things to
multiple geocachers, the first thing you do is inform the group.

  Someone once told me about AA meetings, you get up in front of everyone,
state your name and problem and then they help. (No harping on the example
please, its just the first one that came to mind)..

  Maybe you could consider this list and others like it as a support group.
I know for a fact when I finished Sprocket's 12 step program that I would
have cried like a baby in relief if Cow Spots and our kids were not there..
:)

  Sometimes after a very frustrating day, I go find a silly little altoids
tin that takes me 1-3 hours of hunting.. Why? Because I truly enjoy the
game. Why did I keep looking after the first 20 minutes? because the wife
was not there to beat common sense into me. Now, after 2 hours and not
finding it because the friggin hider thought it would be clever to have
coordinates over 45 feet off and his hint says 'Dont forget to sign the
logbook' or 'its under a rock' (Well no sh**, this is southern AZ and you
hid it on the side of a quary)..  __Opps I digress again__ anyways, I come
home to read about the heart ache of 04/04/04 and am sad I did not live
close enough to search and offer support and assistance..

  Do we have disagreements? Yes. Is it poor to air them? I dont always agree
with that. If I have an issue with something someone does and I email them
and receive an answer then I expect it to be finished. That is until I hear
other people had the same problem and received the same 'it wont happen
again' email. This tells me the individual who responded to me lied to me by
saying it was a mistake that never should have happened. No this was
something you do alot and tend to get away with because nobody ever told
anyone else.

  We have laws in this country where people know about the crimes commited
by others. I feel that geocaching is a community. If someone is causing
problems, should we not be held accountable for them as well as ourselves
when it comes to destruction of property? Should we not let others know who
is breaking the written and implied rules so we can all watch out for each
other?

 Ah.. I know I have lost most everyone by now, but I can only say, I love
geocaching. My family loves geocaching. I will do what I can to see others
do not ruin it for us.

 Enjoy the evening.