[Az-Geocaching] RE: Explanation and apology

Brian - Team A.I. listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 20:56:57 -0700

Just a fleeting thought I wanted to put in text....

The Geocachers who are part of this list are real people.  These same people
are ones who came together back in April and worked as a cohesive group of
30 to clean up a very neglected section of highway on a Saturday morning
when there were plenty of other things to do, and caches to find.  Some even
drove up from as far as Tucson and Casa Grande to attend an event north of
Mesa.  It might just be me, but I see little hostility in this, nor did I
see any in the 150+ in attendance at the Halloween event last fall where
there wasn't so much as a tortured scorpion (to my knowledge).

I might agree to a very slight degree that some cliques might exist, but
more so in who migrates to whom at events, when overall I believe it is a
group of people who tend to agree more than disagree.  When we disagree as a
group, it can get pretty vocal.  Of course, I could be wrong, but its at
least my perception of things.  Those who choose to lurk, do so of their own
volition.  Those who choose to enter the fray, also do so of their own
volition.

Brian
Team A.I.