[Az-Geocaching] Problems with Mapsource datafile: downloaded topo maps don't appear

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:54:19 -0800 (PST)

Steve,

Thank you for the tip.  I looked in my list and saw only three maps downloaded into the GPS, none
of which was in an area I visited within the past two days.  I then redownloaded the topo map for
MESA, AZ (WEST), because this covers the area I live in.  After I did this, I saw the topographic
contour lines and street detail for my home area, but when I checked the list of maps in the GPS,
the other three maps were erased and only the MESA, AZ (WEST) map appeared in the list.

I then downloaded another map, PHOENIX SOUTH, AZ (EAST).  The downloading of this map erased MESA,
AZ (WEST). Therefore, it appears that when I download one additonal map into the GPS, it erases
all of the other maps in the GPS.

I would like to keep the maps for the Phoenix metropolitan area permanently in my GPS, and
download other maps as I need them, for example for other parts of the state or other regions in
the USA when I travel.  When I don't need a certain map in my GPS, I would like to remove it to
save space, but I would always like to keep the maps for my home area in my GPS at all times.
Therefore, how can I download a new map into my GPS without erasing the other maps in the GPS?

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)