[Az-Geocaching] Problems with Mapsource datafile: downloaded topo maps don't appear

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:28:44 -0700

> I have downloaded topographic maps into my Garmin eTrex Vista GPS
using
> Garmin MapSource, but the topographic maps are not appearing in my GPS
> display.  Does anyone know what I can do to make the map data appear
on my
> GPS display when I have my GPS turned on?
Ken,
Try this, but no guarantees:
Go into Map view. From the menu there, choose, "Setup Map". On the "Map
Setup" screen, click on the information icon (the letter "i"). That
should bring up what looks like a single map description, but once you
move your joystick down onto the map name you will see you can scroll
through that list by moving your joystick up or down. Make sure the
"show" checkbox is checked (you can check it with your joystick if it
isn't) for each map you want displayed. Hope that helps.
Steve
Team Tierra Buena