[Az-Geocaching] I'm Gettin' All Misty Inside

Larry H listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:19:47 -0800 (PST)

With that many finds on one locationless, I think it
wasn't "challenging enough" for Groundspeak. It is
kind of the "joke" of locationless caches, although I
liked it (never had my camera and GPS ready, started
seeing them everywhere, then finally! I spotted one at
work and logged it!)
Thanks Team CBx2 for "placing" that one out there for
us. Almost makes me want to buy a jeep :D

--- Team Tierra Buena <teamtierrabuena@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> After 1,170 log entries in just under 23 months, The
> Powers That Be at
> geocaching.com have archived the literally
> world-famous "Yellow Jeep
> Fever" locationless cache, set by Arizona's own Team
> CBx2. What I read
> was that the sheer volume of the entries and all the
> photographs was
> adversely affecting the servers.
> Although it's archived, you should still be able to
> see the cache page
> at this link: http://tinyurl.com/2waxc. Thanks to
> Cheryl and Cody (Team
> CBx2) for creating this historic locationless. And
> if you're reading
> this, hope all is well with you.
> I guess I'll plagiarize myself: Given enough time,
> even locationless
> caches will devolve and entropy will be achieved.
> Steve
> Team Tierra Buena

=====
FriarED