[Az-Geocaching] Re: Better Schools in Arizona?

HighwayHavoc listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:25:27 -0800 (PST)

Interesting that the community colleges were brought up. I am
currently attending GateWay, in Phoenix, and out of the five colleges
I've attended (I move around a lot), this is by far the worst of 'em.
When I say that I am speaking of the administration, not the
instructors. I would transfer to another school, but as far as I
know, GateWay is the only school around with the program I am in
(Hydrology).

Now with all that said, I took a GIS class last semester and was able
to expound eloquently on the virtues of geocaching. A few in the
class had heard of the game but didn't think all too highly of it
(from the negative press, perhaps). So I threw my two cents in here
and there and I believe the atmosphere changed for the better toward
what we do and how we play the game.

Heh, how was that for a transition between off and on topics?!

Mark A. Pedersen