[Az-Geocaching] Why are schools better in Arizona?

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:34:38 -0800 (PST)

Loran,

Why are the schools better where you live?  Do you think it is because with cold, dreary weather,
people stay inside to work harder and study more?  Because of our great weather and scenery, we
here in Arizona have a lot of distractions that may make us less productive in academic and
working pursuits.

If the schools are truly better in Arizona, what could we in Arizona do to make our schools the
best in the USA?

What do your kids think?  Do they prefer living in Arizona or Michigan?  If I was a kid again, I
would much rather be living in Arizona than Michigan, because I would be able to have a lot more
fun as a kid enjoying the warm weather and outdoor sports and recreational opportunities of
Arizona.

However, if the schools in Arizona are a lot worse than they are in other parts of the USA, why
does it appear that so many families with children are moving to Arizona from other parts of the
USA?

Ken