[Az-Geocaching] RE: forwarded forum post about micro/urban caches

Delora McCallister listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 21:03:34 -0700

Well, I (Rob from Team Red Dog) have been reading all of the posts which
seem to portray very opinionated views on what Geocaching "should" be all
about.I believe that the "game" should be about whatever each team finds
enjoyable or gratifying about it!!! I am sure that there are no two
teams that cache for the same reasons. There have been a lot of issues
addressed by some teams
who have been scrutinized for there cache placement ideas, or just cache
placements in general.
These criticisms have come come under the guise of perpetuating the sport of
Geocaching.
They have come from teams who have very high rankings in the AZGeocaching
standings.
Some of whom are stating that they are fed up with the urban micro's or
un-interesting localized
caches. "It's not about the numbers!" some have said. Ironically, they are
the top teams in Az.
"At least in the numbers game." And I don't see anyone questioning their
100% find ratios?
But, it isn't about the numbers for them, RIGHT?

Our team has tried our best to keep the upper-echelon entertained with
creative caches.
We ourselves find it most gratifying to achieve great reviews on our "Caches
Placed". For us,
this is what we find exciting about the game. Bringing different,
challenging, creative ideas "to
the table"... so to speak.We are most definately NOT the most experienced
team to play the game of Geocaching. However, I do feel that there is NO ONE
WAY TO PLAY THIS GAME !!!
As we have been reminded many times over ,in our earlier days.

  I would like to state that this is ONLY my OPINION. But I do find it
perplexing, that the number one team in AZ. is complaining about "NUMBERS" .
Especially having placed only 2 caches(Neither of which we have been abled
to retrieve , because of certain limitations)
We have tried to place interesting MICRO'S in rural, areas . But have come
to find that even in these settings, there will always be direct and
derogatory critiquing on hard to find micro's.
If micro-caches should never have been introduced to the game, than where
would teams like
GrAldrich, AzCachmeister,Randman,AJJR and ourselves have to go with our
"CREATIVITY"???
After all, there are over 500 teams in AZ.

How many ways can you hide an ammo can under a pile of rocks??????

Rob.... Team Red Dog

Peaceloveandgoodhappinessstuff,
Trust in God
~Namaste'