[Az-Geocaching] 60C update

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:51:45 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C47A7D.FFE2F0A0

For those not following updates, Garmin released 3.50 (from 3.43 beta) =
today.

a.. Added support for xImage software.=20
a.. Improved track log recording in Auto mode.=20
a.. Increased the size of the compass pointer on the Compass page.=20
a.. Enabled the compass pointer to be shown while navigating a Follow =
Road route.=20
a.. Added a progress indicator when calculating a Follow Road route.=20
a.. Increased the precision of the 'project waypoint distance' field.=20
a.. Added the ability to independently show or hide entire map families =
on the Map Setup page.=20
a.. Added 'meters per second' as an option for vertical speed units.=20
a.. Added Greek language.=20
a.. Updated translations.=20

The xImage software is pretty cool, and there has been activity on the =
forums about custom icons that frankly are awesome.  You have a custom =
icon set that you can use, but it looks like MapSource needs to be =
updated a bit to understand them.  It doesn't play very nice yet due to =
a bit change or something to that effect.  As soon as that little glitch =
is fixed, I'm all over some of the custom sets I've seen designed =
already.  There's a YJTB icon that I can't wait to start using for my =
Jeep location when I start a hike.  :)

Brian
Team A.I.

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C47A7D.FFE2F0A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For those not following updates, Garmin =
released=20
3.50 (from 3.43 beta) today.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<LI>Added support for <A=20
href=3D"http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=3D545">xImage</A> =
software.=20
<LI>Improved track log recording in Auto mode.=20
<LI>Increased the size of the compass pointer on the Compass page.=20
<LI>Enabled the compass pointer to be shown while navigating a Follow =
Road=20
route.=20
<LI>Added a progress indicator when calculating a Follow Road route.=20
<LI>Increased the precision of the 'project waypoint distance' field.=20
<LI>Added the ability to independently show or hide entire map families =
on the=20
Map Setup page.=20
<LI>Added 'meters per second' as an option for vertical speed units.=20
<LI>Added Greek language.=20
<LI>Updated translations. </LI></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The xImage software is pretty cool, and =
there has=20
been activity on the forums about custom icons that frankly are =
awesome.&nbsp;=20
You have a custom icon set that you can use, but it looks like MapSource =
needs=20
to be updated a bit to understand them.&nbsp; It doesn't play very nice =
yet due=20
to&nbsp;a bit change or something to that effect.&nbsp; As soon as that =
little=20
glitch is fixed, I'm all over some of the custom sets I've seen designed =

already.&nbsp; There's a YJTB icon that I can't wait to start using for =
my Jeep=20
location when I start a hike.&nbsp; :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01C47A7D.FFE2F0A0--