[Az-Geocaching] Explanation of GC.com crawler

Robert & Linda Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:21:40 -0700

Brian,
Thank you for your explanation on this issue.  I did not realize how
involved it is or could be.  I am glad we can contribute what little we
do to enjoy this sport/hobby.  It (geocaching) has taken a hold of me to
the point that I needed a GeoFix today when we went shopping, I had to
stop and check a cache that we already found, logged and I already
helped the owner replace a log in it.
Happy Caching, Bob and Linda Smith, Team Petite Elite

Brian Casteel wrote:

>So y'all thought I was gone, didn't you?  :)
>
>The problems that azgeocaching.com has been having with regards to getting
>cache information for the custom file builds and stats maintenance was due
>to things just like this, and may in some way contributed to the ill will

(snip)