[Az-Geocaching] Help! Can't find graldrich's caches and NOW can't find geocaching.com!!!

SquishyGecko listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:36:08 -0700

I'm having trouble opening the geocaching.com site as well as the
groundspeak.com site.  My best guess is they're either down for maintenance
or experiencing lag due to prime time usage.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Trisha" <trisha@brasher.com>
To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 3:26 PM
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Help! Can't find graldrich's caches and NOW
can't find geocaching.com!!!

: Well, I will proudly log a FTNF (First To Not Find) on graldrich's
: cache if I could bring up the geocaching site....what's the deal????
:
:
:
: On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:12:07 -0700 (MST), "Trisha" wrote:
:
: >
: > I wanted to chime in and say "DITTO" to Andy's response.
: >
: > When placing a cache, I do exactly that kind of physical averaging
: > with the GPS (let it settle, move off, come back and settle, etc)
: > followed by a quick mental averaging of the readings. I try to take 6
: > readings from at least 4 different directions, write them down, and
: > then average the readings approximately. So far, using that method,
: > the readings of the caches I have hidden have been fairly accurate.
: > (With one exception....anyone remember my cache up at Goldwater Lake
: > in Prescott? "All That Glitters....". Those coords were at least 60
: > feet off due to the messy satellite reception from the trees, but
: > luckily it was pretty obvious where the cache was hidden since the
: > actual coords left you standing in the middle of a blank area in the
: > forest with a pile of branches and trimmings 60 feet away. I moved it
: > when I realized that was a slash pile for burning....)
: >
: > I just had a FIRST "FIRST TO NOT FIND" (FTNF) that I am quite proud
: > of....graldrich's "Cordes Junction" cache. Good luck finding that
: > sucker!!!
: >
: > Trisha "Lightning"
: > Prescott