[Az-Geocaching] Missing Ticket cache

Koch, Dan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:17:44 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C41BF2.B160B19A

Anyone know what this is about and why it was brought 'public'?  Am I
missing something?

LazyK - Dan

  _____

From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of
PThomp9719@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 8:25 AM
To: ken@highpointer.com
Cc: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Missing Ticket cache

I consider your tone and the content of your recent email imperious and
insulting.  As with previous emails concerning the status of caches and
travel bugs that really were not your concern, I do not appreciate that you
feel cachers  (myself and others) need your instruction and monitoring of
their cache activities.

I was under the assumption that the cache won as a drawing at the Picacho
Peak event was mine to place.  Due to recent family obligations, I was
unable to place it in a remote area in a timely manner.  Rather than have it
sit at my house any longer, I felt it important to get it placed and
necessary to place it where I could maintain it properly as a cache owner.

Do not assume that urban caches are more vulnerable than those on mountain
tops and therefor should not be placed.  Also erroneous is the idea that a
cacher that reaches a remote cache is less likely to plumder it. The joy of
geocaching is that there is something for everyone - serious rock climbers,
family groups with young children, handicapped cachers, or the cacher that
runs out to pick up a new urban cache on a lunch hour.

If you had such serious restrictions for the "door prize" cache from Picacho
Peak and felt you owned it, perhaps you should have placed it yourself in
some remote area.    This should not have then been a prize cache.

If you send me your address, I will return the cache contents to you and the
cost of the ammo can (currently about $5 here in Tucson).  I will replace
the log book and maintain this as a separate cache with no ties to you and
will note such in a new logbook..The cache should not be removed by anyone
other than myself as the cache owner or on instructions from the
administrator.

Peggy Thompsen
Golefts

------_=_NextPart_001_01C41BF2.B160B19A

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
<DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=256121716-06042004>Anyone know what this is
about&nbsp;and why it was brought 'public'?&nbsp; Am I missing
something?</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=256121716-06042004></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=256121716-06042004>LazyK - Dan</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<P><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left>
  <HR tabIndex=-1>
  <FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>From:</B>
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] <B>On Behalf Of
  </B>PThomp9719@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 06, 2004 8:25
  AM<BR><B>To:</B> ken@highpointer.com<BR><B>Cc:</B>
  listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] Missing Ticket
  cache<BR></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC">I consider your tone and the content of your
  recent email imperious and insulting.&nbsp; As with previous emails concerning
  the status of caches and travel bugs that really were not your concern, I do
  not appreciate that you feel&nbsp;cachers&nbsp; (myself and others) need your
  instruction and monitoring of their cache activities.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC">I was under the assumption that the cache won as
  a drawing at the Picacho Peak event was mine to place.&nbsp; Due to recent
  family obligations, I was unable to place it in a remote area in a timely
  manner.&nbsp; Rather than have it sit at my house any longer, I felt it
  important to get it placed and necessary to place it where I could maintain it
  properly as a cache owner.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC">Do&nbsp;not assume that urban caches are more
  vulnerable than those on mountain tops and therefor should not be
  placed.&nbsp; Also erroneous is the idea that a cacher that reaches a remote
  cache is less likely to plumder it. The joy of geocaching is that there is
  something for everyone - serious rock climbers, family groups with young
  children, handicapped cachers, or the cacher that runs out to pick up a new
  urban cache on a lunch hour.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC">If you had such serious restrictions for the
  "door prize" cache from Picacho Peak and felt you owned it, perhaps you should
  have placed it yourself in some remote area.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This should not
  have then been a prize cache.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC">If you send me your address, I will return the
  cache contents to you and the cost of the ammo can (currently about $5 here in
  Tucson).&nbsp; I will replace the log book and maintain this as a separate
  cache with no ties to you and will note such in&nbsp;a new logbook..The cache
  should not be removed by anyone other than myself as the cache owner or on
  instructions from the administrator.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC">Peggy Thompsen</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face="Kristen ITC">Golefts</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C41BF2.B160B19A--