[Az-Geocaching] Missing Ticket cache

Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:24:40 EDT

-------------------------------1081265080

I consider your tone and the content of your recent email imperious and
insulting.  As with previous emails concerning the status of caches and travel bugs
that really were not your concern, I do not appreciate that you feel cachers
(myself and others) need your instruction and monitoring of their cache
activities.

I was under the assumption that the cache won as a drawing at the Picacho
Peak event was mine to place.  Due to recent family obligations, I was unable to
place it in a remote area in a timely manner.  Rather than have it sit at my
house any longer, I felt it important to get it placed and necessary to place
it where I could maintain it properly as a cache owner.

Do not assume that urban caches are more vulnerable than those on mountain
tops and therefor should not be placed.  Also erroneous is the idea that a
cacher that reaches a remote cache is less likely to plumder it. The joy of
geocaching is that there is something for everyone - serious rock climbers, family
groups with young children, handicapped cachers, or the cacher that runs out to
pick up a new urban cache on a lunch hour.

If you had such serious restrictions for the "door prize" cache from Picacho
Peak and felt you owned it, perhaps you should have placed it yourself in some
remote area.    This should not have then been a prize cache.

If you send me your address, I will return the cache contents to you and the
cost of the ammo can (currently about $5 here in Tucson).  I will replace the
log book and maintain this as a separate cache with no ties to you and will
note such in a new logbook..The cache should not be removed by anyone other than
myself as the cache owner or on instructions from the administrator.

Peggy Thompsen
Golefts

-------------------------------1081265080

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC">I consider your tone and the content of your=
 recent email imperious and insulting.&nbsp; As with previous emails concern=
ing the status of caches and travel bugs that really were not your concern,=20=
I do not appreciate that you feel&nbsp;cachers&nbsp; (myself and others) nee=
d your instruction and monitoring of their cache activities.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC">I was under the assumption that the cache wo=
n as a drawing at the Picacho Peak event was mine to place.&nbsp; Due to rec=
ent family obligations, I was unable to place it in a remote area in a timel=
y manner.&nbsp; Rather than have it sit at my house any longer, I felt it im=
portant to get it placed and necessary to place it where I could maintain it=
 properly as a cache owner.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC">Do&nbsp;not assume that urban caches are mor=
e vulnerable than those on mountain tops and therefor should not be placed.&=
nbsp; Also erroneous is the idea that a cacher that reaches a remote cache i=
s less likely to plumder it. The joy of geocaching is that there is somethin=
g for everyone - serious rock climbers, family groups with young children, h=
andicapped cachers, or the cacher that runs out to pick up a new urban cache=
 on a lunch hour.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC">If you had such serious restrictions for the=
 "door prize" cache from Picacho Peak and felt you owned it, perhaps you sho=
uld have placed it yourself in some remote area.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This shou=
ld not have then been a prize cache.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC">If you send me your address, I will return t=
he cache contents to you and the cost of the ammo can (currently about $5 he=
re in Tucson).&nbsp; I will replace the log book and maintain this as a sepa=
rate cache with no ties to you and will note such in&nbsp;a new logbook..The=
 cache should not be removed by anyone other than myself as the cache owner=20=
or on instructions from the administrator.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC">Peggy Thompsen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Kristen ITC">Golefts</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>