[Az-Geocaching] Re: BTDT

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:31:34 -0700

--------------010505060504070503080009

>Regan, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here??
>

>some simple questions

Perhaps, in your mind, they are simple.  But when you type in incomplete
sentences, phrases and thoughts, it makes it difficult for the reader.

>>>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/pipermail/az-geocaching/2003-April/007358.
>>

>html
>

>There is information you yourself posted that contridicts what you wrote
>now.
>
> On two instances, we
>split up and hunted separately for two different (very close by) caches
>but, in both cases, one person was either unable to find their
>respective cache or unable to reach it so we both ended up finding the
>second cache together anyway.

I'll offer the same response I gave to Scott of RTW.

''I think people kind of mis-read what I posted a year ago about that.
What happened with the one incident, as I recall, is there were two
caches very close together, like within a few hundred feet of each
other.  My wife and I used the one GPS that we have to get to the first
cache coords and then, while I continued to search for it, she took the
GPS to go look for the other one.  As it turned out, she couldn't find
the second one until I met back up with her and I can't remember if we
ever did find both of them.  As a matter of fact, I think the first one
was Golden Eagle cache which turned out to be MIA.  The second one was
in the same park on the other side of the ball field and my wife
couldn't find it until I gave up on Golden Eagle and showed up to help
her search for it.  I think this is a lot different than say, two people
going separate ways in separate vehicles with separate GPS's. ''

The other incident I mentioned a year ago (I can't believe I'm
re-hashing something written a year ago!) was a similar situation.  Two
caches in the same park, my wife and I used the one and only GPS we have
to get close to the first cache coordinates, and  while she continued
searching for it, I took the GPS to look for the other.  In this case,
my wife found the first cache while I found the second but wasn't able
to reach it (due to her shorter stature) until I met back up with her.
So, again, I was present at every single find and signing of a logbook.

>you can have all the fun as the rest of us but not this persons respect as a
>cacher....

I respect the fact that you're entitled to your opinion.  And yet,
despite rumours I have heard, I've always held you in the highest regard
(until now.)

>Oh well
>
>now onto pissing off someone else again....

You ever stop to think that you wouldn't piss so many people off if you
didn't try so hard to do so?

Rather than let this degrade into a pissing match in a public forum,
I'll make this my last response to you in public on any subject.  I
refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

-- Sprocket

--------------010505060504070503080009

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
  <pre wrap="">Regan, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here??
  </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
some simple questions
  </pre>
Perhaps, in your mind, they are simple.&nbsp; But when you type in
incomplete sentences, phrases and thoughts, it makes it difficult for
the reader.<br>
    </pre>
 class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/pipermail/az-geocaching/2003-April/007358">http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/pipermail/az-geocaching/2003-April/007358</a>.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->html
  </pre>
  <pre wrap="">
There is information you yourself posted that contridicts what you wrote
now.

 On two instances, we
split up and hunted separately for two different (very close by) caches
but, in both cases, one person was either unable to find their
respective cache or unable to reach it so we both ended up finding the
second cache together anyway.

  </pre>
I'll offer the same response I gave to Scott of RTW.<br>
''I think people kind of mis-read what I posted a year ago about that.&nbsp;
What happened with the one incident, as I recall, is there were two
caches very close together, like within a few hundred feet of each
other.&nbsp; My wife and I used the one GPS that we have to get to the first
cache coords and then, while I continued to search for it, she took the
GPS to go look for the other one.&nbsp; As it turned out, she couldn't find
the second one until I met back up with her and I can't remember if we
ever did find both of them.&nbsp; As a matter of fact, I think the first one
was Golden Eagle cache which turned out to be MIA.&nbsp; The second one was
in the same park on the other side of the ball field and my wife
couldn't find it until I gave up on Golden Eagle and showed up to help
her search for it.&nbsp; I think this is a lot different than say, two
people going separate ways in separate vehicles with separate GPS's. ''<br>
The other incident I mentioned a year ago (I can't believe I'm
re-hashing something written a year ago!) was a similar situation.&nbsp; Two
caches in the same park, my wife and I used the one and only GPS we
have to get close to the first cache coordinates, and&nbsp; while she
continued searching for it, I took the GPS to look for the other.&nbsp; In
this case, my wife found the first cache while I found the second but
wasn't able to reach it (due to her shorter stature) until I met back
up with her.&nbsp; So, again, I was present at every single find and signing
of a logbook.<br>
  <pre wrap="">you can have all the fun as the rest of us but not this persons respect as a
cacher....</pre>
I respect the fact that you're entitled to your opinion.&nbsp; And yet,
despite rumours I have heard, I've always held you in the highest
regard (until now.)<br>
  <pre wrap="">Oh well

now onto pissing off someone else again....</pre>
You ever stop to think that you wouldn't piss so many people off if you
didn't try so hard to do so?<br>
Rather than let this degrade into a pissing match in a public forum,
I'll make this my last response to you in public on any subject.&nbsp; I
refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.<br>
-- Sprocket<br>

--------------010505060504070503080009--