[Az-Geocaching] Cheater / Not Cheater

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 09:20:45 -0700

Marc Leitermann wrote:
> “What are the rules in Geocaching?
> Geocaching is a relatively new phenomenon. Therefore, the rules are very simple:
> 1. Take something from the cache
> 2. Leave something in the cache
> 3. Write about it in the logbook “

> BTW, I list only caches I find.  Anything I cannot find (and there are a number)I do not list, nor do I make notes, etc.  This is my personal preference, so that when I look at my on-line listings, they are not cluttered up.
>
> Do I plan on changing?  I do not believe I will.  I’m out to have fun.

I think you seem to be missing the point of the person hiding the cache.
If I just wanted my stuff to sit in the desert and didn't care if I knew
  for a fact that people were visiting it I would just throw it out the
window.  The logs are what makes the cache worth hiding.  And I don't
think you will find anyone that will argue that the log IN the cache
isn't the authoritative list of people that have been to the cache.
Especially since there are usually 1/3 or more cachers listed in the
paper logs than there are on the online version.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek