[Az-Geocaching] Digital camera not necessary for uploading pictures to Geocaching.com

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 21:49:38 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1477865564-1053060578=:74852

If a virtual cache REQUIRED you to take a picture of you and your
GPS (or something like that) in order to receive credit for that cache..

However, you don't need to use a digital camera to take a picture and post it to Geocaching.com.  You can get a very inexpensive camera (like a disposable camera for around $5), take pictures, develop them using a service that provides you with free pictures online (like Photoworks.com),
and upload the online picture to your cache log.  This is what I did for virtual and locationless caches before I obtained my digital camera.

This is not as easy as using a digital camera, and you may have to wait several days after visiting a virtual cache before you can obtain the picture and post it to your log entry, but it is an inexpensive way to get a picture for a virtual cache entry.

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-1477865564-1053060578=:74852

<DIV><EM>If a virtual cache REQUIRED you to take a picture of you and your <BR>GPS (or something like that) in order to receive credit for that cache..</EM> </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However, you don't need to use a digital camera to take a picture and post it to Geocaching.com.&nbsp; You can get a very inexpensive camera (like a disposable camera for around $5), take pictures, develop them using a service that provides you with free pictures online (like <A href="http://www.photoworks.com/Info/Processing/Default.aspx">Photoworks.com</A>), </DIV>
<DIV>and upload the online picture to your cache log.&nbsp; This is what I did for virtual and locationless caches before I obtained my digital camera.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This is not as easy as using a digital camera, and you may have to wait several days after visiting a virtual cache before you can obtain the picture and post it to your log entry, but it is an inexpensive way to get a picture for a virtual cache entry.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ken</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)<BR></DIV>
--0-1477865564-1053060578=:74852--