[Az-Geocaching] Special equiptment (5 rating?)

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 20:13:37 -0700

>From: "Team Evil Fish" <buggers@mindspring.com>
>To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Special equiptment (5 rating?)
>Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:23:13 -0700
>
>let me do the quick math
>
>$40 is $10 more than a membership on who's home page states all you NEED is
>a GPS and a sense of Adventure... anything beyond a GPS and a sense of
>adventure would be very optional and special equipment....but then again
>you
>really don't need a GPS as there are finds without one...

Actually, just to let yall know where I stand on this before this thread
gets out of hand! :) Yes. I have seen them cheap digital cameras and yes I
do think they would work great and just fine for geocaching. It is just the
point behind my thread. I think there should be an alternate way to get
credit on a virtual if you don't have a camera. You must remember, there are
some people out there who don't have a camera AND along the lines of the
bicycle thing at that Tucson cache, well, a camera is necessary to log a few
of these virtuals around here (Hogans Hotel virtual cache in Scottsdale, for
instance). I have a regular ole' 35mm. But, I hardly ever use it. I cant see
buying a roll of film for one or two pictures. It would end up sitting for a
year before I ever use it again and I would never get the pics I needed for
proof developed! :) I do, however, prefer the paper copies of my pictures
from the 35mm over the digital camera photos on a disk or something. I will
probably go get a cheap digital camera eventually and go get all those
camera caches around here. They will never archive since there is nothing
there for anyone to steal or plunder. In the meantime, there are plenty of
coordinates take you to the cache type caches that I can go get! :) HA!

>gotta love a day stuck in a car with RTW and even if his birthday is
>tomorrow he acts like a( insert own word/s)

Hey there EvilFISH.... I am not the (insert own word/s here!) that took a
lil' ole hyundai (or whatever that lil' thing is you drive!) down some bumpy
and rocky desert wash/jeep trail!  ;)  :) LOL  HA!  :)  LOL
I would never do that! ;)  (evil grin)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind