[Az-Geocaching] What's wrong with some true promotional caches?

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 08:23:50 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1014704660-1052925830=:46079

Would leaving items that promote a company be considered commercial?

I don't think so.  Whenever I go to events and companies are giving away promotional materials like keychains, bottle openers, pens, etc., I pick up extra items to put in caches.  Sometimes I ask for extra items by explaining that I would like to put them in geocaches, thereby giving these promotional items additional exposure.

What would really be wrong with having some promotional caches, anyway?  Some companies can establish promotional caches in exchange for advertising dollars that can be used to support Geocaching.com.  If a company pays millions of dollars to name a ballpark or stadium after itself or one of its products, then why can't the same company do the same (and pay a far lesser sum) for a cache?

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-1014704660-1052925830=:46079

<DIV><EM>Would leaving items that promote a company be considered commercial?<BR></EM></DIV>
<DIV>I don't think so.&nbsp; Whenever I go to events and companies are giving away promotional materials like keychains, bottle openers, pens, etc., I pick up extra items to put in caches.&nbsp; Sometimes I ask for extra items by explaining that I would like to put them in geocaches, thereby giving these promotional items additional exposure.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What would really be wrong with having some promotional caches, anyway?&nbsp; Some companies can establish promotional caches in exchange for advertising dollars that can be used to support Geocaching.com.&nbsp; If a company pays millions of dollars to name a ballpark or stadium after itself or one of its products, then why can't the same company do the same (and pay a far lesser sum) for a cache?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ken</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV>
--0-1014704660-1052925830=:46079--