[Az-Geocaching] Cox/Directv

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 18:36:07 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C313FE.5B6EE100

We left Cox and went to DirecTV when they demanded $10 to change my wife's
name on the account from her maiden name to married name. Who cares? We left
it in her maiden name before cancelling. They didn't offer to pay us $10
when they changed their name from Tucson Cablevision.

Father Ted is indeed worth the price. Its a shame Dermot Morgan died a few
years ago.

Andy

  -----Original Message-----
  From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Gale Jett
  Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 2:32 PM
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Cox/Directv

  I've had no problems with my connection since cox figured out that my
cable didn't belong to the neighbor and keep disconnecting it, and it's been
especially good since they started their own internet business rather than
having @home employees and cox employees stepping on each others toes.

  What has sucked for me is the actual cable server... so I just switched to
DirecTV and I won't ever go back... it's so much better that cable would be
if the signal was perfect.

  Brian Cluff
  Team Snaptek

  gale and mike wrote:
            Having trouble with my net provider. I use Cox. Just wondering
what everyone else uses, and if they like/hate it.

  The original cable company for my home was a mom and pop bare bones
company.Cox bought them out and just last month hooked up my internet. I've
had nothing but problems with the connection. Just last Friday my connection
was lost 12 times in an hour and a half. I didn't know I knew that many bad
words! Cox claims there is no problem but for $50 they'll come out and
look...I'll learn to live with it for now.

  As for Directv. We've had it for seven years now and we would never change
back to cable. We get better channel selection (BBCA and all sorts of music
only channels among other usual channels) much clearer reception and instant
customer service if we want to change our programming as we usually do in
the summer. We've lost reception only a couple of times in a bad storm. The
one drawback is that we can't record one channel and watch another, but I
believe newer satellite systems can do that. Ours is a Sony, 7 years old and
used a lot, no repairs/maintainance.

  If you've never seen BBC America, you have no idea what you're missing.
Father Ted alone is worth the price of a satellite dish.

  Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
    On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
  "Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
    "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

  Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C313FE.5B6EE100

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D366303301-07052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>We=20
left Cox and went to DirecTV when they demanded $10 to change my wife's =
name on=20
the account from her maiden name to married name. Who cares? We left it =
in her=20
maiden name before cancelling. They didn't offer to pay us $10 when they =
changed=20
their name from Tucson Cablevision.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D366303301-07052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D366303301-07052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Father=20
Ted is indeed worth the price. Its a shame Dermot Morgan died a few =
years=20
ago.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Andy<BR><BR>&nbsp;</FONT> </P>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com=20
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]<B>On Behalf Of =
</B>Gale=20
  Jett<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, May 06, 2003 2:32 PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching]=20
  Cox/Directv<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New">I've had no problems with my =
connection since=20
  cox figured out that my cable didn't belong to the neighbor and keep=20
  disconnecting it, and it's been especially good since they started =
their own=20
  internet business rather than having @home employees and cox employees =

  stepping on each others toes. <BR><BR>What has sucked for me is the =
actual=20
  cable server... so I just switched to DirecTV and I won't ever go =
back... it's=20
  so much better that cable would be if the signal was perfect. =
<BR><BR>Brian=20
  Cluff <BR>Team Snaptek <BR><BR>gale and mike wrote: <BR></FONT>
  <TABLE>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
      <TD width=3D1 bgColor=3D#cccccc>&nbsp;</TD>
      <TD width=3D5>&nbsp;</TD>
      <TD>
        <P><TT>Having trouble with my net provider. I use Cox. Just =
wondering=20
        what everyone else uses, and if they like/hate it.=20
      <BR></TT><TT></P></TT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
  <P>&nbsp;</P>
  <P><FONT color=3D#82393c>The original cable company for my home was a =
mom and=20
  pop bare bones company.Cox bought them out and just last =
month&nbsp;hooked up=20
  my internet. I've had nothing but problems with the connection. Just =
last=20
  Friday my connection was lost 12 times in an hour and a half. I didn't =
know I=20
  knew that many bad words! Cox claims there is no problem but for $50 =
they'll=20
  come out and look...I'll learn to live with it for now.</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT color=3D#82393c>As for Directv. We've had it for seven years =
now and we=20
  would never change back to cable. We get better channel selection =
(BBCA=20
  and&nbsp;all sorts of music only channels&nbsp;among other usual =
channels)=20
  much clearer reception and instant customer service if we want to =
change our=20
  programming as we usually do in the summer. We've&nbsp;lost reception =
only a=20
  couple of times in a bad storm. The one drawback is that we can't =
record one=20
  channel and watch another, but I believe newer satellite systems can =
do that.=20
  Ours is a Sony, 7 years old and used a lot, no=20
repairs/maintainance.</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT color=3D#82393c>If you've never seen BBC America, you have no =
idea what=20
  you're missing. Father Ted alone is worth the price of a satellite=20
  dish.</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT color=3D#82393c></FONT>&nbsp;</P><BR><BR>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang =
interminable=20
  changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- =

  so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the =
Ranges=20
  --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for =
you.=20
  Go!"</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The =
Explorer&nbsp;=20
  1898</FONT></DIV>
  <P>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://us.rd.yahoo.com/search/mailsig/*http://search.yahoo.com">T=
he New=20
  Yahoo! Search</A> - Faster. Easier. Bingo.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C313FE.5B6EE100--