[Az-Geocaching] Cox/Directv

Gale Jett listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 14:32:15 -0700 (PDT)

--0-766587323-1052256735=:78411

I've had no problems with my connection since cox figured out that my cable didn't belong to the neighbor and keep disconnecting it, and it's been especially good since they started their own internet business rather than having @home employees and cox employees stepping on each others toes.

What has sucked for me is the actual cable server... so I just switched to DirecTV and I won't ever go back... it's so much better that cable would be if the signal was perfect.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek

gale and mike wrote:

Having trouble with my net provider. I use Cox. Just wondering what everyone else uses, and if they like/hate it.

The original cable company for my home was a mom and pop bare bones company.Cox bought them out and just last month hooked up my internet. I've had nothing but problems with the connection. Just last Friday my connection was lost 12 times in an hour and a half. I didn't know I knew that many bad words! Cox claims there is no problem but for $50 they'll come out and look...I'll learn to live with it for now.

As for Directv. We've had it for seven years now and we would never change back to cable. We get better channel selection (BBCA and all sorts of music only channels among other usual channels) much clearer reception and instant customer service if we want to change our programming as we usually do in the summer. We've lost reception only a couple of times in a bad storm. The one drawback is that we can't record one channel and watch another, but I believe newer satellite systems can do that. Ours is a Sony, 7 years old and used a lot, no repairs/maintainance.

If you've never seen BBC America, you have no idea what you're missing. Father Ted alone is worth the price of a satellite dish.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!" Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

--0-766587323-1052256735=:78411

<DIV><FONT face="Courier New">I've had no problems with my connection since cox figured out that my cable didn't belong to the neighbor and keep disconnecting it, and it's been especially good since they started their own internet business rather than having @home employees and cox employees stepping on each others toes. <BR><BR>What has sucked for me is the actual cable server... so I just switched to DirecTV and I won't ever go back... it's so much better that cable would be if the signal was perfect. <BR><BR>Brian Cluff <BR>Team Snaptek <BR><BR>gale and mike wrote: <BR></FONT>
<TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc>&nbsp;</TD>
<TD width=5>&nbsp;</TD>
<TD>
<P><TT>Having trouble with my net provider. I use Cox. Just wondering what everyone else uses, and if they like/hate it. <BR></TT><TT></P></TT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT color=#82393c>The original cable company for my home was a mom and pop bare bones company.Cox bought them out and just last month&nbsp;hooked up my internet. I've had nothing but problems with the connection. Just last Friday my connection was lost 12 times in an hour and a half. I didn't know I knew that many bad words! Cox claims there is no problem but for $50 they'll come out and look...I'll learn to live with it for now.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#82393c>As for Directv. We've had it for seven years now and we would never change back to cable. We get better channel selection (BBCA and&nbsp;all sorts of music only channels&nbsp;among other usual channels) much clearer reception and instant customer service if we want to change our programming as we usually do in the summer. We've&nbsp;lost reception only a couple of times in a bad storm. The one drawback is that we can't record one channel and watch another, but I believe newer satellite systems can do that. Ours is a Sony, 7 years old and used a lot, no repairs/maintainance.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#82393c>If you've never seen BBC America, you have no idea what you're missing. Father Ted alone is worth the price of a satellite dish.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#82393c></FONT>&nbsp;</P><BR><BR><DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898</FONT></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-766587323-1052256735=:78411--