[Az-Geocaching] Re: Cache Pirates

gale and mike listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 04:15:15 +0000

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><EM>That made me wonder just what law enforcement would do about this. The fact remains though, that since there is no crime, and there is nothing of any real value taken, then this is not an issue for any level of law enforcement, as was suggested in the message I replied to. Do I think we should just ignore this, no, but on the other hand I am not really sure what can be done about it. </EM></P></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>A few years ago, we were harassed by a bratty teenager for a period of a year and a half. <U>Nothing</U> we did&nbsp; would make him stop. Finally one day, out of desperation, &nbsp;I called the police. Although no "crime" had been committed except for some earlier inexpensive damage to my car, he talked to the kid and his parents. The kid still lives here and we haven't been bothered since then. I just figured that maybe if this low life knew there were law enforcement cachers, that might be enough to stop his plundering. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. &nbsp;I was not suggesting by any means that any of our cachers, law enforcement or otherwise, &nbsp;do anything either illegal or unethical.</P>
<P><BR>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>