[Az-Geocaching] What will be the next waypoint number after GCFFFF?

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:31:22 -0700

Team Tierra Buena wrote:

>That's pretty close to my understanding of what they're going to do.
>They're dropping some of the letters (such as I and O that might be
>confused with digits) so I think they're working from a base 31 or base
>32. But yeah, that should hold them for a year or two... :-)

Ah, I just skimmed the thread, and it didn't appear to mention it.

>>But thats what I would do....

Actually I should have said... thats what I DID.. about a year of more
ago, when someone first mentioned that there might be a problem, I threw
together a "base, what ever the hell you want, converter", because I
knew someday I would need to use it.
Sounds like I'll have to modify it slightly to account of missing
digits, but other than that it should work.... bring it on.. :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek