[Az-Geocaching] Fantastic Geocaching Vacation

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:18:16 +0000

My sincere thanks to the Phoenix area geocachers for providing me with the
infrastructure for a fantastic geocaching vacation.  Thanks to your efforts, I
had a real blast.  Loved the mix of urban (take the mind for a hike) and
wilderness (take the body for a hike) caches that you have in the area.  Felt
like a kid in a candy store ... sooooo little time, and sooooo many caches.
The short driving distance to about a bazillion caches was especially fantastic
… a geocaching day in Illinois usually involves a three hundred mile round trip
to Chicago.

And also, thanks for the warm welcome you extended.  I was fortunate to meet
many of you at the breakfast event and many of you while out caching.  It was
great to talk to folks who enjoy this sport as much as you obviously do.

Had the opportunity to personally thank Tres Hombres, Team Wyle E and Team
CHUMP for the ideas (devious tricks) that were incorporated into caches I've
hidden in Illinois.  I really hate the hiding part of geocaching, but am
excited about introducing the local cachers to the new hiding methods you're
using ... probably be tarred and feathered for some of those ideas.

Since you're too close to the situation, you might not of noticed that your
deviousness quotation has drastically increased since last year.  I thought
Altoid boxes were pretty drastic last year ... but, tweezers and a magnifying
glass?  And, some of the camo jobs were really great ... several first time
hiders were stumping the old timers.  Wow!

Thanks again,
Tom (Jeepster)