[Az-Geocaching] following the rules............... of this game of life..

Regan Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:20:09 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C2EA5E.BA8810E0

I went down to the Mesa Ranger District today to get a permit for Bull =
Dog Canyon, and to ask about the wilderness area caches. I met with and =
I forget his name but he is the guy incharge of the Superstition =
Wilderness Area and during our conversation which was very positive he =
mentioned a simple rule that I doubt any of us have followed... How many =
of us as geocachers contacted the Land management agency responsible for =
the area where  the cache is to be placed?=20
http://www.geocaching.com/articles/making.asp=20

Will it be on private or public land? - If you place it on private land, =
please ask permission before putting it there! If you place the cache on =
public lands you need to contact the managing agency to find out about =
their rules.=20

The Rangers would like to know where the caches are being placed, and I =
after mentioning I would like to place a cache in the Bull dog area was =
given the email address to the Ranger in charge of that area, and it was =
suggested that he might have some ideas for other  areas a cache might =
be placed....

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C2EA5E.BA8810E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I went down to the Mesa Ranger District =
today to=20
get a permit for Bull Dog Canyon, and to ask about the wilderness area =
caches. I=20
met with and I forget his name but he is the guy incharge of the =
Superstition=20
Wilderness Area and during our conversation which was very positive he =
mentioned=20
a simple rule that I doubt any of us have followed... <STRONG>How many =
of us as=20
geocachers contacted the Land management agency responsible for the area =

where&nbsp; the cache is to be placed?</STRONG> </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.geocaching.com/articles/making.asp"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
size=3D3>http://www.geocaching.com/articles/making.asp</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3> <BR><BR>Will it be on private or =
public land? -=20
If you place it on private land, please ask permission before putting it =
there!=20
If you place the cache on public lands you need to contact the managing =
agency=20
to find out about their rules. </FONT><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Rangers would like to know where =
the caches are=20
being placed, and I after mentioning I would like to place a cache in =
the Bull=20
dog area was given the email address to the Ranger in charge of that =
area, and=20
it was suggested that he might have some ideas for other&nbsp; areas a =
cache=20
might be placed....</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C2EA5E.BA8810E0--