[Az-Geocaching] "Left to Ruin on Rye" is an excellent cache; should remain active

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 13:57:03 -0700

ken@highpointer.com wrote:
> In my opinion, the people with the SHPO need to realize that they do not
> own public land.  We all own the public lands.  This appears to me to be
> an excellent example of people being granted a little bit of power and
> authority, and then using their power and authority to harass people and
> make arbitrary decisions.

I think we need to talk to the head of the site stewards (Ms. Estes?)
and see how far away from an arch site they want people.
I know the site stewards would like the range in miles, but I'm willing
to bet that it will be much smaller than that.  If we can get some sort
of exact distance nailed down, we will be able to tell some of these
site stewards to go jump in a lake.  Right now they are just doing their
volunteer job and keeping people from going near their sites... but
without a definition of "near"

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek