[Az-Geocaching] "Left to Ruin on Rye" is an excellent cache; should remain active

Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:04:24 -0800 (PST)

--0-306539706-1046894664=:94427

The cache "Left to Ruin on Rye" was also archived when the SHPO asked that that one be removed as well. I was planning on hitting that cache (and had been looking forward to doing it for quite a while now) last weekend. But, after seeing the cache page, I found out it was no longer available. I emailed the cache owner and the cache is not even close to the ruins. But, on the same hill. These people with the SHPO need to get a life.

The cache Left to Ruin on Rye is an example of a geocache in an excellent location.  I found it on Jan. 5, 2003.  It is a short, but steep hike to a place with outstanding views, not too isolated but not too close to the city either.

In my opinion, the people with the SHPO need to realize that they do not own public land.  We all own the public lands.  This appears to me to be an excellent example of people being granted a little bit of power and authority, and then using their power and authority to harass people and make arbitrary decisions.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-306539706-1046894664=:94427

<P><EM>The cache "Left to Ruin on Rye" was also archived when the SHPO asked that that one be removed as well. I was planning on hitting that cache (and had been looking forward to doing it for quite a while now) last weekend. But, after seeing the cache page, I found out it was no longer available. I emailed the cache owner and the cache is not even close to the ruins. But, on the same hill. These people with the SHPO need to get a life.</EM></P>
<P>The cache <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=46888"><STRONG>Left to Ruin on Rye</STRONG></A> is an example of a geocache in an excellent location.&nbsp; I found it on Jan. 5, 2003.&nbsp; It is a short, but steep hike to a place with outstanding views, not too isolated but not too close to the city either.</P>
<P>In my opinion, the people with the SHPO need to realize that they do not own public land.&nbsp; We all own the public lands.&nbsp; This appears to me to be an excellent example of people being granted a little bit of power and authority, and then using their power and authority to harass people and make arbitrary decisions.</P>
<P><STRONG><FONT size=3>Ken Akerman</FONT></STRONG> (a.k.a. <EM><STRONG>Highpointer</STRONG></EM>)</P>
--0-306539706-1046894664=:94427--