[Az-Geocaching] summer fires

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:26:25 -0700

--=====================_12055204==.ALT

At 11:56 AM 6/23/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>This is probably a contraversial view I know, but if I owned a business up
>there I would be hoping it burned down. Then I would get the insurance
>money and start a new life somewhere else. If your business survives, then
>you will have to make the best of it, which will probably be enough
>business at first from the curiosity seekers, then it will die away as
>people stop going up there and/or cannot get cabins built.

As I said, only time will tell.  I suspect that there is still a lot of
green up there, but I can see even greater restrictions coming down the
road.  There is no end in sight to this long drought we are in, and things
will only get worse year after year.  I can see a point in the not to
distant future where there will be pretty much zero access to the
mountain.  I read a report on the national weather service webpage that
says that we need a decade of above average rainfall to get back to just
where we should be.

My questions is this, how much more drought will it take until this area
becomes a place where people just don't want to live any longer?  For me,
getting out into the outdoors and specifically up on the mountains is one
of the things that keeps me here.  If they take that away, I don't see a
lot of reason to remain in Tucson.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_12055204==.ALT

At 11:56 AM 6/23/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
is probably a contraversial view I know, but if I owned a business up
there I would be hoping it burned down. Then I would get the insurance
money and start a new life somewhere else. If your business survives,
then you will have to make the best of it, which will probably be enough
business at first from the curiosity seekers, then it will die away as
people stop going up there and/or cannot get cabins
As I said, only time will tell.&nbsp; I suspect that there is still a lot
of green up there, but I can see even greater restrictions coming down
the road.&nbsp; There is no end in sight to this long drought we are in,
and things will only get worse year after year.&nbsp; I can see a point
in the not to distant future where there will be pretty much zero access
to the mountain.&nbsp; I read a report on the national weather service
webpage that says that we need a decade of above average rainfall to get
back to just where we should be.<br><br>
My questions is this, how much more drought will it take until this area
becomes a place where people just don't want to live any longer?&nbsp;
For me, getting out into the outdoors and specifically up on the
mountains is one of the things that keeps me here.&nbsp; If they take
that away, I don't see a lot of reason to remain in Tucson.<br><br>