[Az-Geocaching] Aspen Fire: Scopes & homes

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:25:36 -0700 (MST)

Jim Scotti,

Are those your scopes that are at risk from the fire? I don't know
where you work from.

Commentary.....

So sad to hear about the many people who have lost homes or a
business, esp. the ones who live up there are, as that is their ONLY
home (vs. a summer home).

Very glad that so far there have been no reports of any serious
injury. I had heard that there were a handful that refused to evacuate
on the first go-around, (we always have to deal with that issue when
we do an evacuation....we ask the people for a name and number for a
next-of-kin notification and it usually gets them to THINK) at least
they wisely reconsidered and left when all the fire fighters, etc, had
to pull back. Property can be replaced (or not), lives can not.

Tinder-dry, windy, hot and now a delayed monsoon season? geez!

Trisha
Prescott