[Az-Geocaching] Aspen Fire: any caches burned?

xWaterLilyx listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:43:41 -0700 (PDT)

--0-209806519-1056091421=:72017

According to the news, it's suppose to stay bad for almost/around a week... we were talking about Tucson Top today down here (as I am currently in Tucson visiting Team MO &GO).  We were glad to see one shot of the observatory with the fire moving the other way, but with so much acreage at risk, it's just a hold your breath and pray situation.

Wish I had taken the time during my many visits here to have visited Mt. Lemmon, I've done no more then take pictures of it while visiting MO&GO.

Bad time to be almost anywhere in AZ with all the fires sprouting up.

Scott Wood <scott@myblueheaven.com> wrote:
At 10:32 PM 6/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Are there any caches that have been burned by the Aspen Fire in the Santa
>Catalina Mountains?

As of right now, no, I don't think so. The funny thing is that I almost
put on in Marshal Gulch last time I was there. If I had, it would
definately be gone as that is where this fire started.

Tucson Top is probably getting very close. Tonights news said that the
observatory up there is at risk, and that it is a very high priority. The
problem is that the fire grew from just over 400 acres today to just over
4000 acres. They say it will take a few days to figure out just where the
boundaries of the fire are. They had winds between 40 and 60 mph up there
today, and according to the news it is supposed to be worse tomorrow.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

xWaterLilyx & RTF
Team H20
Phoenix, AZ (Ahwatukee)

Geocaching Site:  http://www.geocities.com/xwaterlilyxrtf

--0-209806519-1056091421=:72017

<DIV>According to the news, it's suppose to stay bad for almost/around a week... we were talking about Tucson Top today down here (as I am currently in Tucson visiting Team MO &amp;GO).&nbsp; We were glad to see one shot of the observatory with the fire moving the other way, but with so much acreage at risk, it's just a hold your breath and pray situation.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Wish I had taken the time during my many visits here to have visited Mt. Lemmon, I've done no more then take pictures of it while visiting MO&amp;GO.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bad time to be almost anywhere in AZ with all the fires sprouting up.<BR><BR><B><I>Scott Wood &lt;scott@myblueheaven.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">At 10:32 PM 6/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:<BR>&gt;Are there any caches that have been burned by the Aspen Fire in the Santa <BR>&gt;Catalina Mountains?<BR>&gt;<BR><BR>As of right now, no, I don't think so. The funny thing is that I almost <BR>put on in Marshal Gulch last time I was there. If I had, it would <BR>definately be gone as that is where this fire started.<BR><BR>Tucson Top is probably getting very close. Tonights news said that the <BR>observatory up there is at risk, and that it is a very high priority. The <BR>problem is that the fire grew from just over 400 acres today to just over <BR>4000 acres. They say it will take a few days to figure out just where the <BR>boundaries of the fire are. They had winds between 40 and 60 mph up there <BR>today, and according to the news it is supposed to be worse
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-209806519-1056091421=:72017--