[Az-Geocaching] Off topic - Windshields

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:38:54 -0700 (MST)

Sorry to hear about the accident.  Glad you appear to have recovered.
That's not the best way to take care of a cracked windshield, that's for
sure!  We pay the extra on our insurance for full glass, and a call to our
insurance agent (State Farm) initiates the process and then the glass people
can come out to your car and do the procedure there (like in the parking lot
at work, even) or you can take the car to the glass shop.  It doesn't take
long and it sure beats watching that crack grow!  They even covered one of
our rear side windows when some idiot etched his "signature" into the glass.
We had an older Trooper (1990 model) that had flat front windows that were
pretty close to vertical and rocks dinged that window a bunch of times - I
think I went through about 4 windshields on that car with a stretch of 2
replacements in only a couple months once.  Our new Trooper has a more sloped
windshield and I think it is less susceptible to rocks since the rock should
get caught in the airflow and be deflected a little bit and either hit the
window at a more glancing blow or miss it all together compared to the old
near verticle windows.....

Jim.