[Az-Geocaching] Travel bug stuck

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:38:16 -0700

> I occasionally see a travel bug that will have, in addition to the TB
tag,
> another laminated tag that explains what the purpose/goal of a TB is
and
> that way a newcomer will understand what to do with it and how to log
it
> in to help it move along.

That will help, but be warned it is no guarantee that the bug won't
disappear. I had a bug that was trying to go to Oregon. It had a
laminated card in the bag explaining the whole thing. It made it as far
as Flagstaff, then someone picked it up and brought it back to
Glendale... except they've never gone caching again! They haven't
visited Geocaching.com since the day they logged the bug. They've
ignored two emails I've sent them. I even offered to drive over and pick
it up from them.
<sigh>

Steve
Team Tierra Buena