[Az-Geocaching] Sony PDA

Brian LaFrance listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:27:17 -0700

The Zaurus is definately a nice product, but can be overwhelming for someone
who doesn't know or use Linux systems regularly.  I just purchased an iPaq
2215 and absolutely love it.  I considered a Sony, but when it came down to
it, the expansion slot only takes the Memory Sticks.  This can get
rediculous because they only work in Sony products.  If you think you may
want to expand on the memory of your PDA, look at something that takes
either compact flash or an SD card.  These types of cards are well supported
by non-Sony products and are usually less expensive than Memory Sticks.  The
iPaq 2215 has slots for both types of cards which is nice because you can
have extra memory and some type of IO card (wireless networking, digital
camera).  The Zaurus also has both types expansion slots.  The Dell Axium is
another nice PDA with dual expansion slots, but the last I heard, it was
about a 2 month wait to actually get one.  Anyway...let me know if I can
help.  I spent 4 months shopping and comparing products before I finally got
the 2215, so I have some useless knowledge of PDA's in my head that I would
love to dump on someone else. :)

-Brian