[Az-Geocaching] Just curious....this guy gets around

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:08:24 -0700 (PDT)

--0-521004424-1058857704=:84792

After reading his logs, I think he's for real. He seems to live in Florida and travel perhaps as part of his business (software engineer). Maybe the Utah/Arizona thing is a vacation. He's logged TB's in and out of caches which were picked up later on by others so I think he is just amusing himself while traveling. If my neighbor did geocaching, he'd rack up a lot of finds elsewhere. He works for Intel  and travels overseas and all around this country about 1/3 of the year.

On the other hand, there is a team in Alaska which logs 2-3 entries per cache. If we did that, maybe I'd make it onto the first page of stats....hmmm, getting an idea. (Just kidding, we would never ever cheat. Where's the fun in that?)

I hope you keep safe from the lightning. We saw a house burn in Chandler after a nearby transformer got struck by a bolt last monsoon season.

Trisha <trisha@brasher.com> wrote:
I am just curious if anybody else thinks this guy travels ALOT. He's
logged caches from Alaska to Florida and in between.
I don't really care, it's just a curiosity. Take a look at his
profile/finds and see if what he is posting is even possible!

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott
Almost HIT BY LIGHTNING today....2 transformers on fire 2 blocks from
house.....

Check this guy out:

ScottC has logged a cache on your watch list (Dedication). You can
visit the cache at the following link:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=23404

User comments:
Thanks for the cache. Like this type.

ScottC

--0-521004424-1058857704=:84792

<DIV>After reading his logs, I think he's for real. He seems to live in Florida and travel perhaps as part of his business (software engineer). Maybe the Utah/Arizona thing is a vacation. He's logged TB's in and out of caches which were picked up later on by others so I think he is just amusing himself while traveling. If my neighbor did geocaching, he'd rack up a lot of finds elsewhere. He works for Intel&nbsp; and travels overseas and all around this country about 1/3 of the year.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>On the other hand, there is a team in Alaska which logs 2-3 entries per cache. If we did that, maybe I'd make it onto the first page of stats....hmmm, getting an idea. (Just kidding, we would never ever cheat. Where's the fun in that?)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I hope you keep safe from the lightning. We saw a house burn in Chandler after a nearby transformer got struck by a bolt last monsoon season.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Trisha &lt;trisha@brasher.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">I am just curious if anybody else thinks this guy travels ALOT. He's<BR>logged caches from Alaska to Florida and in between.<BR>I don't really care, it's just a curiosity. Take a look at his<BR>profile/finds and see if what he is posting is even possible!<BR><BR>Trisha "Lightning"<BR>Prescott<BR>Almost HIT BY LIGHTNING today....2 transformers on fire 2 blocks from<BR>house.....<BR><BR>Check this guy out:<BR><BR><BR>ScottC has logged a cache on your watch list (Dedication). You can<BR>visit the cache at the following link:<BR><BR>http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=23404<BR><BR>User comments:<BR>Thanks for the cache. Like this type.<BR><BR>ScottC<BR>____________________________________________________________<BR>Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe