[Az-Geocaching] Temp disable

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:10:35 -0700 (MST)

I know what you mean....  I posted a note on my Story's around the Campfire
cache indicating that I thought the trail to it might be closed (but didn't
get a chance to go confirm it myself).  When I got a report from someone
confirming the closure, I temporarily disabled it.  Last summer, I sent a
couple of notes to cache owners whose caches were inaccessible and a few of
them temporarily disabled them in response.  The latest visitor to Fore and
Four Tenths appears to be clueless about trail closures though.  What is not
to understand about a trail closed sign?  Maybe we should log notes to those
caches that are in closed areas and/or communicate with the cache owners.  I
can see if the cache owner is from out of town that they might not know the
conditions near their cache, which is one reason the latest version of the
rules indicate not approving caches by people on vacation in an area who
can't easily maintain their caches.

Jim.