[Az-Geocaching] Re: This guy is starting to scare me

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:04:43 -0700

I'm not convinced yet if this guy (Chandaka) is a regular listserv
participant who is yanking our chain or if he is just an alien (legal or
otherwise) who just doesn't have a clue.  In one log he left a note in
Spanish (and he claims he's from a town in Mexico across the border from
El Paso) but in his log for Bush Wacked, every one seems to think his
note is in Japanese?  I couldn't translate it from any of the languages
in the Babelfish Translator (including Japanese) so does anyone know for
sure if it is Japanese?  Otherwise, his (typed) broken english reminds
me of someone else on this listserv (who shall remain nameless) who, I
presume, speaks English as their _first_ language. ;-)  I also noticed
that shortly after his recurring no-finds were bandied about here on the
listserv, and someone mentioned that he had _zero_ finds, he all of a
sudden came up with this one find for Bush Wacked.  Coincidence? Or is
he following right along?  Maybe Mad Morty McVane has returned to haunt
us in another form. :-\

 And Trisha, have you had your medications today?   :-P  A no-find on a
cache I'm considering hunting for, by someone who has a total of 1 find
to his credit, means zilch as far as I'm concerned.  It would carry
about as much weight as marital advice from a single friend. :-D

If this guy is a figment of the twisted imagination of one of our
regulars, I think it's sad that he/she has to stoop to such levels to
get his/hers jollies.  Sheesh, if you're that bored, get yer arse off
that chair in front of the computer and go geocaching!  Just 'cause it's
hotter than a pair of leather pants on Angelina Jolie, don't mean you
can't go geocaching.

If , on the other hand, this guy is for real and he's as clueless as he
seems, I think it's equally sad, but twice as funny!

Just my $.02

-- Sprocket