[Az-Geocaching] Re: [Az-Geocaching]Fireworks in Prescott

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:02:16 -0700 (MST)

Gale,

The City of Prescott had a fireworks display, shot off from Pioneer
Park north of town instead of the High School (private property issues
I think). Chino Valley had a display, and Prescott Valley, where we
live, had a very nice 25 minute display from Mountain Valley Park,
which happens to be 1/2 mile from our house. We sat on our back porch
with the simulcast music (radio) on and really enjoyed the fireworks
filling the sky. Sounds like we need to have an event cache
(read:party/BBQ) next year for those who want to escape the heat and
crowds and still see a decent display. It's nowhere as big as the
Phoenix ones, but it was the largest in Northern AZ due to a $10,000
donation (to add to the $$ the city had) from the Fain family.

ALL personal fireworks are banned. The large displays are able to be
cancelled if weather is bad, it is up to the fire dept.

Hmmm....re-reading, I'm not sure if you were asking if the fireworks
or the water wars were banned! The water wars, as far as I know, still
go on, but there is a "dry zone" around the Courthouse area, to allow
people to enjoy the courthouse square without gettting hit (and hurt)
by flying water balloons.

It's a gorgeous night tonight! Nice and cool...
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott (Valley)