[Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:07:35 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C34004.07D65640

While a lot of Mt. Lemmon residents were complaining or upset, the owner of
the Mt. Lemmon Cafe said (and I'm paraphrasing) that if you are going to
live in nature you have to expect and understand that these things can
happen to you. Well, I think if you are going to live in the desert, then
you should really expect it to lack water in the first place and experience
droughts just like other parts of the country, making things worse. Wherever
you go there is often the risk of natural disasters (excess snow, flooding,
drought, etc.), so I think you should live wherever makes you happy. Coming
from a country that doesn't have a desert, I can say that the desert makes
me happy. :)

Andy

  -----Original Message-----
  From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Gale
Draper
  Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 6:29 PM
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests

  I'm sorry you feel that way, but what do you expect them to do? It's not
like they have any control over the drought. Closing the forests is about
the only thing they can do. Even if you could guarantee you wouldn't start a
fire, if one happens then they have to spend manpower and money to get you
out. Given budget crises in this state, that's tax money they don't have to
spare. I've lived here for 33 years, it's a part of Arizona life. It's just
gotten worse because of the drought situation.

  Scott Wood <scott@myblueheaven.com> wrote:
    I have been meaning to post this all morning, but have been to busy
until
    just now. Looks like the Coronado is pretty much all off limits again.

    http://www.azstarnet.com/star/Tue/30701HOLIDAYTRAVEL.html

    I don't want to start a debate over the issue of forest closures, we
have
    pretty much hashed that one out already, but I think if they were
planning
    on doing this, they could have announced it before people made plans for
    the 4th.

    This is no joke, I am getting very close to moving out of Arizona
because
    of all the issues related to the drought and the lose of recreational
areas.

    Scott

    scott@myblueheaven.com
    www.myblueheaven.com

  Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
    On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
  "Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
    "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

  Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C34004.07D65640

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D370080302-02072003>While=20
a lot of Mt. Lemmon residents were complaining or upset, the owner of =
the Mt.=20
Lemmon Cafe said (and I'm paraphrasing) that if you are going to live in =
nature=20
you have to expect and understand that these things can happen to you. =
Well, I=20
think if you are going to live in the desert, then you should really =
expect it=20
to lack water in the first place&nbsp;and experience droughts&nbsp;just =
like=20
other parts of the country,&nbsp;making things worse. Wherever you go =
there is=20
often the risk of natural disasters (excess snow, flooding, drought, =
etc.), so I=20
think you should live wherever makes you happy. Coming from a country =
that=20
doesn't have a desert, I can say that the desert makes me happy.=20
:)</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Andy<BR><BR></FONT></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com=20
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]<B>On Behalf Of =
</B>Gale=20
  Draper<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 01, 2003 6:29 PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] Drought =
and=20
  forests<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>I'm sorry you feel that way, but what do you expect them to do? =
It's not=20
  like they have any control over the drought. Closing the forests is =
about the=20
  only thing they can do. Even if you could guarantee you wouldn't start =
a fire,=20
  if one happens then they have to spend manpower and money to get you =
out.=20
  Given budget crises in this state, that's tax money they don't have to =
spare.=20
  I've lived here for 33 years, it's a part of Arizona life. It's just =
gotten=20
  worse because of the drought situation.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Scott Wood &lt;scott@myblueheaven.com&gt;</I></B>=20
  wrote:</DIV>
  <DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px =
solid; WIDTH: 100%">I=20
    have been meaning to post this all morning, but have been to busy =
until=20
    <BR>just now. Looks like the Coronado is pretty much all off limits=20
    =
again.<BR><BR>http://www.azstarnet.com/star/Tue/30701HOLIDAYTRAVEL.html<B=
R><BR>I=20
    don't want to start a debate over the issue of forest closures, we =
have=20
    <BR>pretty much hashed that one out already, but I think if they =
were=20
    planning <BR>on doing this, they could have announced it before =
people made=20
    plans for <BR>the 4th.<BR><BR>This is no joke, I am getting very =
close to=20
    moving out of Arizona because <BR>of all the issues related to the =
drought=20
    and the lose of recreational=20
    =
areas.<BR><BR><BR>Scott<BR><BR>scott@myblueheaven.com<BR>www.myblueheaven=
.com<BR><BR>____________________________________________________________<=
BR>Az-Geocaching=20
    mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, =
subscribe or=20
    unsubscribe=20
    =
visit:<BR>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching=
<BR><BR>Arizona's=20
    Geocaching =
Resource<BR>http://www.azgeocaching.com</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang =
interminable=20
  changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- =

  so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the =
Ranges=20
  --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for =
you.=20
  Go!"</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The =
Explorer&nbsp;=20
  1898</FONT></DIV>
  <P>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=3D1207/*http://promo=
.yahoo.com/sbc/">SBC=20
  Yahoo! DSL</A> - Now only $29.95 per month!</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C34004.07D65640--