[Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:28:58 -0700 (PDT)

--0-260903502-1057109338=:39676

I'm sorry you feel that way, but what do you expect them to do? It's not like they have any control over the drought. Closing the forests is about the only thing they can do. Even if you could guarantee you wouldn't start a fire, if one happens then they have to spend manpower and money to get you out. Given budget crises in this state, that's tax money they don't have to spare. I've lived here for 33 years, it's a part of Arizona life. It's just gotten worse because of the drought situation.

Scott Wood <scott@myblueheaven.com> wrote:
I have been meaning to post this all morning, but have been to busy until
just now. Looks like the Coronado is pretty much all off limits again.

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/Tue/30701HOLIDAYTRAVEL.html

I don't want to start a debate over the issue of forest closures, we have
pretty much hashed that one out already, but I think if they were planning
on doing this, they could have announced it before people made plans for
the 4th.

This is no joke, I am getting very close to moving out of Arizona because
of all the issues related to the drought and the lose of recreational areas.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

--0-260903502-1057109338=:39676

<DIV>I'm sorry you feel that way, but what do you expect them to do? It's not like they have any control over the drought. Closing the forests is about the only thing they can do. Even if you could guarantee you wouldn't start a fire, if one happens then they have to spend manpower and money to get you out. Given budget crises in this state, that's tax money they don't have to spare. I've lived here for 33 years, it's a part of Arizona life. It's just gotten worse because of the drought situation.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Scott Wood &lt;scott@myblueheaven.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">I have been meaning to post this all morning, but have been to busy until <BR>just now. Looks like the Coronado is pretty much all off limits again.<BR><BR>http://www.azstarnet.com/star/Tue/30701HOLIDAYTRAVEL.html<BR><BR>I don't want to start a debate over the issue of forest closures, we have <BR>pretty much hashed that one out already, but I think if they were planning <BR>on doing this, they could have announced it before people made plans for <BR>the 4th.<BR><BR>This is no joke, I am getting very close to moving out of Arizona because <BR>of all the issues related to the drought and the lose of recreational areas.<BR><BR><BR>Scott<BR><BR>scott@myblueheaven.com<BR>www.myblueheaven.com<BR><BR>____________________________________________________________<BR>Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe
 visit:<BR>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR><BR>Arizona's Geocaching Resource<BR>http://www.azgeocaching.com</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR><DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898</FONT></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-260903502-1057109338=:39676--