[Az-Geocaching] what is legal about Illegal

Julie Fenner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:36:23 -0700

--------------9948296E145C70177BFFCEE9

Yes.  They do care.  We recently had one rejected until we could prove
that permission was obtained or that it wasn't on property they thought
it was on.

I'm guessing that it was approved without them knowing that you can't
place caches on reservations in Arizona.  Perhaps you should send the
hider a private email and let them know that, as well as telling them
where they would have found the information telling them not to place on
the reservations.  Many of you that have been doing this for quite some
time seem to just know some of this stuff, and not really pass it on to
the newer hiders and not all of it is clear on the main geocaching.com
website.  Some are local Az rules, which some may not know they can find
on the azgeocaching site.

Julie
Tamo's Clan'Destiny

Regan Smith wrote:

> is it just me or does the people doing the approval of caches seem to
> not care as to the location of a cache? I made a comment last week
> that a new cache is in the Superstition Wilderness area according to
> the mapafter it was determined that the Rangers don;t want it there.
> Then today another cache that plainly says on the Indian
> reservation...

--------------9948296E145C70177BFFCEE9

Yes.&nbsp; They do care.&nbsp; We recently had one rejected until we could
prove that permission was obtained or that it wasn't on property they thought
it was on.
place caches on reservations in Arizona.&nbsp; Perhaps you should send
the hider a private email and let them know that, as well as telling them
where they would have found the information telling them not to place on
the reservations.&nbsp; Many of you that have been doing this for quite
some time seem to just know some of this stuff, and not really pass it
on to the newer hiders and not all of it is clear on the main geocaching.com
website.&nbsp; Some are local Az rules, which some may not know they can