[Az-Geocaching] Geeks and other essentials

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:19:43 -0800 (PST)

  ----> cute!

By the way, I'm not complaining/criticizing. I'm married to a
techie-nerd (actually, a "geek")...we use that term as a complete
compliment. If it wern't for the "geeks" the world would come to a
screeching halt. Or, the most complex thing we would do is join the
neighbors in a barn-raising!

:-)

Trisha:  ---------> making the conscious decision to remain
semi-technology illiterate. I do fine with paper maps, my GPS, my
two-way radios (which I can program but not fix, my husband takes care
of that) and I swear everytime my computer hiccups. Or blinks.

HAve a great day and keep the world running!!!!

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, "Mike Ingoglia" wrote:

> :-)

if
> > you can
> > believe that!). I first became certified in 1994 so you can tell
I'm
> > pretty much a Microsoft focused person. UNIX has always been a
hobby
> > of
> > mine and something I've always used for DNS, firewalls, network
> > troubleshooting,
> > etc. In fact, I'm building a new Apache 2.0 webserver in another
> > window of
> > my computer right now (and... my desktop computer is running
Windows
> > XP...
> > although it's behind my Cisco PIX firewall with strict firewall
> > security)! I'm also one of the few people that have been
successful
> > in getting a Microsoft webserver to be very reliable (maybe Brian
> > Lafrance,
> > my coworker, co-conspirator with Team Leaplab, and our database
> > programmer
> > might disagree :-) ). FYI: The Microsoft IIS server we run at the
> > office has almost 500 websites hosted on it!!!!
> >
> > Mike
> > Team Leaplab

"Although no one can go back and
make a brand new start,