[Az-Geocaching] I can't help it (defend SAR)

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:03:41 -0800 (PST)

I agree, SAR (search and rescue) operations can cause damage to roads,
trails, etc....and I hope I am not being a - um - whatever -  bringing
this up, but....there is a BIG difference between "well-intentioned"
posse members on horseback (or jeep, or foot)  and  "well-intentioned"
cub-scout packs or geocachers or anybody. The Forest Service does not
like damage of any kind, but it is considered acceptable if it is
because we are looking for a lost subject. Before you say "no excuses"
imagine it was your 3 year old child or grandchild who wandered off
and it was getting to be night and it was cold and wet.....yeah, see
what I mean?
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott