[Az-Geocaching] cache for trash

Team Coyote1022 listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:30:13 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2C568.F72E1BE0

I spent the day yesterday (Saturday) puttin' around in the Jeep on Tonto
Forest land and collected half a bag of litter (I use the 55 gallon drum
size bags) and an old tire!  I saw some great country and got some exercise
by jumping in and out of my CJ5!  I've come to the conclusion the litterbugs
prefer "BUD Light"!!!

Gordon
Team Coyote1022
  -----Original Message-----
  From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Ben
Dilcher
  Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 5:06 PM
  To: Azgaocaching
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] cache for trash

    When out in the forest or dessert I seem to pick up a lot of trash.  I
bet you all do the same.  If you don't shame on you!  I am going to start
posting in my logs just how much trash I picked up on my geocaching
adventures into the great out doors.   I bet if others do this we will start
to get a better name for ourselves.  Today I was in the Migus Mtn area and
picked up 1 plastic shopping bag of trash and hauled it out.  I seen about
15 other people in the 9 or 10 miles of dirt roads that I tooled around on
today.  If every one of those people where geocachers and picked up 1 bag of
trash, could you imagine how nice the forest would be?

    This is just a thought that could raise every ones karma.  Not to
mention how much it would help the future of geocaching.  If a forest
official or anyone for that matter where to visit the site and see what
geocachers are doing to help then I feel we would have more support.

    The forest service also has an Adopt A Site program that I thought some
of us could get involved in.  I don't know all the rules to it but it sounds
like a good way to meet other geocachers and get good publicity.  If anyone
is interested please check with your local forest officials to get further
info.  I think it would make a neat geocachers rendezvous.

     Thanks
          Ben Dilcher and family  (a.k.a. TEAM WILLYS)

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2C568.F72E1BE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1126" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt =
verdana; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">
<DIV><SPAN class=3D515582601-27012003><FONT face=3Dverdana>I spent the =
day yesterday=20
(Saturday) puttin' around in the Jeep on Tonto Forest land and collected =
half a=20
bag of litter (I use the 55 gallon drum size bags) and an old =
tire!&nbsp; I saw=20
some great country and got some exercise by jumping in and out of my =
CJ5!&nbsp;=20
I've come to the conclusion the litterbugs prefer "BUD Light"!!!&nbsp;=20
</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D515582601-27012003></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D515582601-27012003><FONT=20
face=3Dverdana>Gordon</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D515582601-27012003>Team Coyote1022</SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT=20
  face=3DTahoma>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com=20
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]<B>On Behalf Of =
</B>Ben=20
  Dilcher<BR><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, January 26, 2003 5:06 PM<BR><B>To:</B> =

  Azgaocaching<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] cache for=20
  trash<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp; When out in the forest or dessert I seem to pick up a lot =
of=20
  trash.&nbsp; I bet you all do the same.&nbsp; If you don't shame on =
you!&nbsp;=20
  I am going to start posting in my logs just how much trash I picked up =
on my=20
  geocaching adventures into the great out doors.&nbsp;&nbsp; I bet if =
others do=20
  this we will start to get a better name for ourselves.&nbsp; Today I =
was in=20
  the Migus Mtn area and picked up 1 plastic shopping bag of trash and =
hauled it=20
  out.&nbsp; I seen about 15 other people in the 9 or 10 miles of dirt =
roads=20
  that I tooled around on today.&nbsp; If every one of those people =
where=20
  geocachers and picked up 1 bag of trash, could you imagine how nice =
the forest=20
  would be?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp; This is just a thought that could raise every ones =
karma.&nbsp;=20
  Not to mention how much it would help the future of geocaching.&nbsp; =
If a=20
  forest official or anyone for that matter where to visit the site and =
see what=20
  geocachers are doing to help then I feel we would have more =
support.&nbsp;=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp; The forest service also has an Adopt A Site program that I =
thought=20
  some of us could get involved in.&nbsp; I don't know all the rules to =
it but=20
  it sounds like a good way to meet other geocachers and get good=20
  publicity.&nbsp; If anyone is interested please check with your local =
forest=20
  officials to get further info.&nbsp; I think it would make a neat =
geocachers=20
  rendezvous.<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ben Dilcher and =
family&nbsp;=20
  (a.k.a. TEAM WILLYS)</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2C568.F72E1BE0--