[Az-Geocaching] cache for trash

Ben Dilcher listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:06:03 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C2C55D.356DE4A0

  When out in the forest or dessert I seem to pick up a lot of trash.  I =
bet you all do the same.  If you don't shame on you!  I am going to start=
 posting in my logs just how much trash I picked up on my geocaching adve=
ntures into the great out doors.   I bet if others do this we will start =
to get a better name for ourselves.  Today I was in the Migus Mtn area an=
d picked up 1 plastic shopping bag of trash and hauled it out.  I seen ab=
out 15 other people in the 9 or 10 miles of dirt roads that I tooled arou=
nd on today.  If every one of those people where geocachers and picked up=
 1 bag of trash, could you imagine how nice the forest would be?

  This is just a thought that could raise every ones karma.  Not to menti=
on how much it would help the future of geocaching.  If a forest official=
 or anyone for that matter where to visit the site and see what geocacher=
s are doing to help then I feel we would have more support.  =20

  The forest service also has an Adopt A Site program that I thought some=
 of us could get involved in.  I don't know all the rules to it but it so=
unds like a good way to meet other geocachers and get good publicity.  If=
 anyone is interested please check with your local forest officials to ge=
t further info.  I think it would make a neat geocachers rendezvous.

   Thanks =20
        Ben Dilcher and family  (a.k.a. TEAM WILLYS)

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C2C55D.356DE4A0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp; When ou=
t in the forest or dessert I seem to pick up a lot of trash.&nbsp; I bet =
you all do the same.&nbsp; If you don't shame on you!&nbsp; I am going to=
 start posting in my logs just how much trash I picked up on my geocachin=
g adventures into the great out doors.&nbsp;&nbsp; I bet if others do thi=
s we will start to get a better name for ourselves.&nbsp; Today I was in =
the Migus Mtn area and picked up 1 plastic shopping bag of trash and haul=
ed it out.&nbsp; I seen about 15 other people in the 9 or 10 miles of dir=
t roads that I tooled around on today.&nbsp; If every one of those people=
 where geocachers and picked up 1 bag of trash, could you imagine how nic=
e the forest would be?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nb=
sp; This is just a thought that could raise every ones karma.&nbsp; Not t=
o mention how much it would help the future of geocaching.&nbsp; If a for=
est official or anyone for that matter where to visit the site and see wh=
at geocachers are doing to help then I feel we would have more support.&n=
bsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp; The forest service also has an =
Adopt A Site program that I thought some of us could get involved in.&nbs=
p; I don't know all the rules to it but it sounds like a good way to meet=
 other geocachers and get good publicity.&nbsp; If anyone is interested p=
lease check with your local forest officials to get further info.&nbsp; I=
 think it would make a neat geocachers rendezvous.<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Th=
anks </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ben Dilcher a=
nd family&nbsp; (a.k.a. TEAM WILLYS)</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C2C55D.356DE4A0--