[Az-Geocaching] Cache Karma

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:34:56 -0700

At 08:41 AM 1/18/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Ain't gonna happen. There will always be alot of easy urbans to do,
>unless GC archives them.

I have always agreed that many of the urban caches lack imagination, but
the fact remains that a person has ever right to hide there cache in the
manner they choose.  They also have the right to hide as many caches as
they want.

We have heard people over and over talk about how caches should not be too
close together.  While I am sure that there are many that agree, you can't
create a blanket policy that covers such things.  Two of the caches we
found today as part of the strike force were within .5 miles of each
other.  Remember, this is a HUGE part of the desert and there are two
caches within .5 miles.  Just reading the cache pages it would be really
tempting to claim that they are too close together and archive one of
them.  If that were to happen, a great cache would be lost.  It doesn't
matter which one, they were both great caches.

I also think people should remember that a lot of the urban micro caches
down here in the Tucson area were hidden during the summer forest
closures.  With so much of the desert around Tucson being in the NF, there
was little other choice if you wanted to hide or seek a cache.  It looks
like things will be even worse this year fire danger wise, and I bet you
will see a lot more urban caches down here.

>With the bulk of the vocal group out of town in Yuma, if may be a few
>days before they read this and an "argument" starts! I expect that not

Yeah, but were back now!  :-)

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache