[Az-Geocaching] Congrats

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:40:11 -0800

>From: "Team Tierra Buena" <teamtierrabuena@earthlink.net>
>To: <az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Congrats
>Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:44:43 -0700
>
>Someone mentioned PANDA77 hit 100. Congratulations to you, and thanks
>for all the caches you've been putting out. You're already in sixth
>place in the Cache Karma rankings!
>
>I can't even FIND Roping the Wind in the Cache Karma rankings <grin>,
>but that's because they've been so busy getting to 500. Congratulations,
>Scott and Brent!
>
>(Note to newcomers: There really is a Cache Karma score. It was
>developed by Brian and Jason, the fine gentlemen who run the
>azgeocaching.com Web site. It's basically a score that represents the
>ratio of the caches you've found to the caches you've hidden. You'll
>find it on the "Team Standings" link on the Web site.)
>
>Steve
>Team Tierra Buena
>There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". -- Dave
>Barry

Howdy,

Thanks Steve, Brian, Scott and all the others for the congrats on 500!

Steve... we are in the cache karma rankings... just way down the list ;) We
do have a cache hidden... RTW-1. The only reason you and all the others
havent found our cache yet is because yall have been too busy looking down
at the ground to find caches and not looking UP! :) HA! HA! HA! (evil grin).
We are currently talking about hiding another cache. It will not be too far
down the road. However, we are still enjoying reading the few find logs that
are on RTW-1 and patiently awaiting the next find logs! We have enjoyed
reading the logs on our cache and look forward to seeing who the next brave
soles will be to go after RTW-1! My congrats to Team Trail Gypsy and Team
IBBY who are the only two teams to seek and find RTW-1 so far. It was placed
back in September 2002! We hope to hide RTW-2 soon so as to allow cachers
time to search for it before it gets too hot out (hint!).

I would like to thank DWEx2 for hiding the Flatiron Cache. This was our
500th cache find. I chose to make that my 500th for it's terrain rating. I
particularly enjoy the really tough caches that require long and/or steep
hikes. I took Seth (a new team member) on the hunt for Flatiron with me.
This was his very first geocache. I think that was a great cache to
introduce someone to the sport! (I am so cruel!!!!!). He really enjoyed it.
But, I think he enjoyed the hike more than the cache. But, he found the
geocaching thing to be pretty cool. The views were awsome. The views and the
fact there was a cache up there really makes the hike worthwhile. Looks like
DWEx2 likes to hide caches that are very much team RTW's favorite kind of
caches!!!

Looking forward to the next 100!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind