[Az-Geocaching] El Camino Del Diablo thoughts

Farquhar, Larry listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:43:53 -0700

We hit "Fortuna cache" coming from the North, after finding "Motown
Three". It's the quickest route to the cache.

Steve - FYI.... The Barry Goldwater range wants "Fortuna cache" removed.
They state it's located in a restricted area and on an archeological
site. We saw signs prohibiting range access on nearby roads, but not the
dirt road we took to the cache. We saw a couple dune buggies back there
also. The cache is near the old Fortuna mine. Perhaps since the mine is
over 50 years old, it's claimed as another 'archeological' site. (?)

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable hunt!

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
http:\\www.happy-wanderers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Team Tierra Buena [mailto:teamtierrabuena@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 1:10 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] El Camino Del Diablo thoughts

> I was just looking at the list of 5 caches that are out in
> the area, and
> got to thinking about strategy.
>
> I think it would be best to go all the way into the El Camino
> Del Diablo
> cache (GC294C) first.  After we find that one, start working
> our way back
> out to civilization.

I agree. Hit Larry's cache first, and then work back out. I just hope
that new one (Cabeza Cache) isn't too far out of the way.

Also, can someone help me out: Can you get to "Fortuna in Cache"
(GC3BBA) from the east? On my topo, it doesn't appear that you can
unless you climb that mountain range over and back. I'm interpreting it
that to do it, we'd have to drive back out to I-8, go west of Telegraph
Pass, and then back into the desert. If I'm right, that means we
wouldn't get to it unless we got done with the others MUCH earlier than
I anticipate.

Assuming we're passing on that one, that would leave these five, and I
guess we'd go for them in this sequence:

El Camino del Diablo
Cabeza Cache
Tinajas Altas
Kid Rodelo
Motown Three

Steve
Team Tierra Buena
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". -- Dave
Barry

** Confidential **
The information in this email is confidential and may be proprietary or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to the sender that you received the message in error and then delete or destroy the message along with any attachments. Thank you.