FW: [Az-Geocaching] Trespassing?

Bell, Robert listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:04:32 -0700

I guess I should chime in since G-O BOB is my cache, but
Scott summed it up pretty good.  The cache was intended
to be more of a bonus to a cacher when visiting an event
at that location.  Certain events can be accessed for as
little as a dollar (see entry from Frobo Goose), which
is less than some museum or park fees, so it is certainly
affordable if the cache is the only goal for visiting.

Similiary, for nearby House of the Rising Sun cache I was
able to visit for free last weekend, since the Suns had
an open practice day.  You just have to plan these cache visits
in advance, or get lucky.  It's no different than other cache
areas that close, it's just that these facility times are a
little more unpredictable.

Regards,
Rob, Team CHUMP

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Wood
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sent: 1/14/03 1:38 AM
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Trespassing?

At 10:18 PM 1/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:

I DO in fact consider G-O BOB a "commercial" cache; it's one reason I
haven't tried it. But I'm not going to try to persuade anyone to not go
for it. If I ever find myself inside the ballpark I'd probably look for
it then. And as you so rightly point out, everyone has the right to not
go to any

I don't want to get into a discussion of commercial caches, but I did
want to chime in on G-O BOB, which is actually a great cache.

I don't consider it commercial at all.  It wasn't placed by the people
that operate the facility.  I would only consider it commercial if it
was placed the a person that would financially benefit from the cache
being found.

I paid money to enter the location of that cache, not because I wanted
to find the cache, but because of what was going on there that night.
The cache was just a nice little extra.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com