[Az-Geocaching] 4*4 trip January 11

Sat, 04 Jan 2003 13:08:39 -0800 (PST)

Since this topic comes up from time to time, and often there are
misconceptions, here is some info (FYI).

Unless it is private property with a posted "NO Firearms" sign, there
is nothing prohibiting carrying a firearm (and with a CCW permit,
carrying it concealed) just because it is private property.

The following is a list where firearms are lawfully prohibited:

Posted "No Firearms" (public or private)
Polling places on election day
Places that serve alcohol
Nuclear Generating Stations
National Park (if loaded)
State Parks (If posted)
Indian Reservations
Airports
Court Houses
Federal Buildings
School within 1000 feet, with a few exceptions.

I just renewed my CCW permit, and that info is straight out of the
book.

Take care,
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott