[Az-Geocaching] removing a lost log?

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 09:16:53 -0700

At 10:26 PM 1/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>  Hi,  I was just wondering what the current opinion was on removing a lost
>(could not find) log on the web site after one actually finds the cache.  We
>have revisited a couple of caches lately and recorded finds where we had
>losts before.  Do I remove the no find or leave things the way they are with
>an earlier no find and the current found.  Just wondering.

I leave mine.  I consider any log as part of the history of that cache.  I
also place interest in finding caches that others might have had trouble
finding in the past.

There is a cache south of Tucson that had a lot of couldn't find logs, we
were one of the teams that couldn't find it, and the cache owner deleted
all of those logs.  I have to admit that I was a little upset about my
couldn't find log being deleted since it contained information about
meeting a fellow team at the location.  Even though we couldn't find the
cache, we had a really nice afternoon and chat with fellow geocachers.  It
would have been nice if the logs would have been left.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com