[Az-Geocaching] Re: 1st Annual Halloween Radioactive

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:36:26 -0700

Scott,

Thanks for the input.  I'm sure there's going to be 2 distinct camps on this
issue, which is why it was put out to the listserv.  As far as the FTF and
showing up first to grab the FTF, that would be impossible.  The cache
events are going to be scheduled, and the specific information for the
initial stage isn't going to be revealed until the moment that particular
event is to begin. There will be a cache to find/sign, but will have nothing
to do with the event scheduled, OR the proposed FTF prize/find.  The way I
see it, a 'team' of 5 or 6 would get quite expensive at another outing
(i.e., movies/mini-golf/paintball), and this is a safe, enjoyable family
event.  This just simplifies everything for all attendees.  Even as co-host,
I'm forking out the $6 for my family of 4.  Also, the cache 'contest' that
would contain the monies isn't going to be as simple as you think.  Details
are to come in weeks ahead.  A race to the cache is going to be just about
impossible.

Those who visit the cache but do not eat/drink would have no reason to pay.
That doesn't make sense.  The event is both food/drink/caching
entertainment, with events that will appeal to just about everyone.  Due to
the fact that the event is starting around dinner time, it just seemed
logical to have a meal served, and we were looking to make it no more
difficult for attendees than bringing yourself+team, your GPS and an
anticipation of having a blast.

I appreciate you input, and will keep it for consideration.  This idea is
not set in stone, but was discussed and presented to everyone planning this,
and we'll go from there.

Brian
Team A.I.

P.S. You didn't remove all 12-steps.  I showed Tamo one of them, and he
thought it was kind of nutty.